The three primary styles of love are eros, storge and ludus.
I thought this section was the most interesting because it helped me analyze different relationships and what kind of love was present. In the relationship I am in now I experience Eros and Storge. Our love is intense and powerful, along with comfortable and a great friendship. I have been in relationships where it was only ludus, which is playful love. It wasn’t taken seriously and there wasn’t much of a commitment, but it was fun. I think it is a good balance to have a mixture of love styles in a relationship because it gives it more depth. If your relationship is only based on one thing, it is hard to make it last. Many people think just because they are attracted to each other sexually, it will make a lasting relationship. You must also have compatibility, comfort and trust to add to this attraction in order to make it work.
No comments:
Post a Comment