Thursday, November 17, 2011

Changes in Marriage

This is a very interesting discussion question.
Since I have been born marriage has evolved incredibly. People feel much more comfortable being open as same sex couples, or trans-gendered, and the fight is still on for marriage to be equal for all. What I hope to see happen in the next 50 years is for this to come true for those people, and for everyone to just accept that we are all not the same, and two people getting married does not effect anyone but them. Being engaged myself, I would be so depressed if by law I was not able to marry my fiance. If you put yourself in someones shoes who does not have that opportunity, it may change some peoples minds if they don't agree with same-sex marriage. I think because of my generation, we are much more open minded, and I think it is possible for this to happen in the next 50 years.

1 comment:

  1. You're exactly right on every point you wrote. The way our society is now is completely different from the old views we had back then. We were so closed minded, but now we are seeing new light on marriage we never would have thought possible. I also hope like you, that in the future, marriage will be equal for all and not so problematic for people. It is extremely frustrating sometimes to hear how people don't have the same rights as someone just because of their sexuality. Hopefully with our generation and future generation, we'll spread the diversity of marriage. Congratulations on being engaged!

    ReplyDelete