Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Favorite Thing

I took Professor Perez's online communications class last semester, and that is what drove me to choose this class this year.
Not only do I enjoy the subject and topics we are learning about, but I enjoy her teaching style. One of my favorite things about this class is how interactive professor Perez is with the class, even though it is online. I have had online classes in the past where I never heard from the teacher and you would honestly never even know if they had looked at your work. I like how the discussions aren't just our own, we are required to look through other classmates discussions which helps with dual perspective and understanding others. The only thing I would change about this class, is the time period of the week. I would have rather the week ended on a Sunday, only because of my work schedule and I didn't have a lot of time Thursday-Saturday to get anything done. I also think this just mentally is easier to work with than having the week end on a Saturday. I never did any posts on a Sunday only because I didn't see that as the beginning of my week.

1 comment:

  1. Hi MaryLou,

    Thanks for sharing your post! I couldn’t agree with you more about this class. I have taken Professor Perez’s classes in the past and they have always been a joy. The blogs are a great way for students as communicators to practice and share their thoughts. School and work integrate an online environment in a variety of ways, so this class certainly gives us practice in that and teaches us how to communicate effectively online. I also find that the blogs give a personable touch to the class as you said. Professor Perez’s notes each week also offer so much insight and are great explanations of the readings.

    ReplyDelete